This last weekend we went on a trip to Colorado for Alex's birthday. It was super fun to play up in the mountians with the in-laws. But the trip can be pretty boring through southern Utah and Price, sooooo my nerdy side kind of came out.
For the geology class I teach, my Dad let me borrow his copy of Roadside Geology of Utah, so I spent the whole drive referencing the book and taking pictures out the windows! It was a great way to made some muddy old hill look more interesting when you know that it used to be a cretaceous shale deposit and holds lots of dinosaur prints.
So I know that may sound boring, and to Alex it may have been but I was sure entertained. And then we got to the Colorado river canyon on I-70.... Gorgeous.
Once I figure out how, I'll try to post some pictures. I also promised I make a travel slide show for me geology classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment