Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break Thoughts: Garden

My garden is (mostly) coming along already, and I'm very excited. Though I do have an uninvited guest. Morning Glory might be the bane of my existence right now. There are some very pretty "domesticated"varieties that are sold in seed packets, but my nemesis is not pretty, is not an annual, and refuses to die from anything short of napalm (which I'm sure my brothers would obligingly concoct, but I want my house to stay standing). They are coming up because the main root system was never pulled out last year (thanks)...

Aside from this infestation, things are going well. I salvaged my strawberries from last year from the last house along with a Hosta, Jacob's ladder, and some Coral bells (I forgot the exact variety). These perennials are all doing well, and the strawberries have even flowered! mmm...

As far as seeds go I planted some California poppies that are coming up nicely, and just recently lettuce and carrots. The only things not coming up well are the sugar snap peas. Not sure if they're being strangled by morning glories or eaten by slugs. Maybe I'll start some indoors and see how they fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment