Now say that in a somewhat piratey voice, and you'll sound like my bro-in-law. Add in a hooked finger for good measure. Are we having fun yet??
Because we sure did!
It started with a phone call on Wednesday night at about 10pm. It was a friend of ours from church, and I assumed he was calling about a service project for Hubby to come help with. However after a moment or two of conversation, Hubby was saying things like, "oh cool", and "wow, yeah!". My curiosity reaches a peak when he says "hold on let me ask Laura".
Then he mentions Ragnar.
Having lived in Utah, we had heard about Ragnar. I knew it was a relay race involving a team of about 12 people, during which each person runs 3 legs of varying distances and difficulties, and that the race spans about 200 miles. I had some previous co-workers had participated and loved it.
The only thing was that the start of the race was a grand total of 36 hours away from that phone call time. So when he asked me if he could go I naturally said "Sure. Lets just hope I don't go into labor!"
I was of course concerned that I would be sitting at home with a whole lot of nothing to do all day Friday and Saturday, so when I got a phone call from a different friend from church saying that she and her husband had also gotten phone calls to be runners (I guess several team members had dropped at the very last minute) and she needed someone to watch her 4 kids, I said "might as well!"
and that my friends is how we spent our weekend. :)
Hubby got to be in a van full of 6 people, run a total of about 14 miles in 3 different legs (without actually training for them I might add- I'm so proud!), sleep two hours, and earn a cool medal. I got to play with 4 awesome kids between 4 and 13, including a trip to the pool, and playing soccer mom for the morning. We ended Saturday exhausted, but we both had lots of fun.
Maybe for the next Ragnar I'll be able to run too.
Hey I'm doing my first ragnar in a couple weeks! (yikes, is it that soon?!) I'd take you as a team mate any day!
ReplyDeleteI still don't understand this running outside of being chased by a bear thing..
ReplyDelete