I just wanted to write down a few thoughts about being a mommy.
I was very excited to learn that I was pregnant, but I was always very nervous too. I am a worrier by nature, and I was naturally concerned about this huge change in my life. It felt so very permanent in ways that going to college, getting married, getting a job, supporting my husband, and moving across the country didn't. I was nervous that I would get postpartum depression and not be able to enjoy my baby. I was worried that I wouldn't feel a connection to my child. I was worried that I would get frustrated easily, or be too tired. I was worried about a million things even right after I delivered her.
I can happily say now though, that I need not have worried. It took a few hours after her birth to set in, but in the scope of things, a couple measly hours is no big deal. I feel like I have known Little Miss forever, but I can't wait to get to know her personality. She is the most beautiful baby in my eyes, and I am devoted to this little bundle. So much so that when the doctor who diagnosed her hip dysplasia told us "don't worry, she's almost perfect", I almost threw something at the back of his head. She is my daughter, and she is perfect the way she is. I could stare at her forever, and I definitely cuddle with her longer than is absolutely necessary, even in the middle of the night. I love being her mother.
But I'm still happiest if I get a nap sometime during the day.
Labor Part 1: The First 12 hours
Labor Part 2: The Next 12 hours
Labor Part 3: The last 12 hours including delivery. Finally.
Labor Part 1: The First 12 hours
Labor Part 2: The Next 12 hours
Labor Part 3: The last 12 hours including delivery. Finally.
A nap is very essential.... Even when your baby is almost 3. And seriously, babies are so perfect. They are fresh and loving and untainted by the world. And you should put up another picture.... I need a newborn fix :)
ReplyDeleteI really love this post. She is beautiful.
ReplyDelete