Saturday, August 25, 2012

Starting from Scratch

Exercise has always been a good source of stress relief for me. I don't run with music, because I like the peace and quiet when it is just me and the road. Given that I am also a bit high strung, I have been running consistently since I was about 14. And before that I tried just about every other sport imaginable; soccer, swimming, jumprope....

I have never been so injured or lazy that I have let too much time lapse between runs. I have always been able to lace up my shoes and go pound the pavement for at least a mile or two without stopping. I'm not a fast runner, but I was fairly consistent.

So now that I've taken a hiatus from running for the last 9 months, I am for sure starting from scratch and I'm not sure how to begin! I would consider this hiatus along the lines of a injury just so everyone knows. It had nothing to do with laziness. :)

So how does one start from scratch? I guess we'll find out.

My current and future running buddies. Aren't they cute??

PS- I'm thinking of trying the Insanity workouts. Any feedback on those? Recommendations on other workout videos?

3 comments:

  1. They live up to their name. I discovered Zumba this summer and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Insanity. The videos will make you drip, but they're fantastic if you like a good, hard workout. I always feel amazing afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff just started the insanity workouts in August...he really loves it (when he isn't hating it). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete