But then I tried to decorate it. For simplicity's sake- and so we don't burn down the house- we usually just get the number candles for decorations. Didn't get one of the numbers this year, so I decided to try the stenciled number on top of the cake trick, as seen here.
I cut out the numbers, sprinkled the powdered sugar, and covered the cake to surprise hubby when he got home from golfing. I was pretty proud of myself, I must say. Although I had one little thought that maybe I should have waited to put the sugar on the cake....
Several hours later when I pulled out the cake to sing with our friends, the powdered sugar had absorbed the moisture from the frosting and all but disappeared.
Lesson Learned: Wait until the last minute to do your powdered sugar stencil. Or it will disappear and so will all traces of your cake decorating skillz.
Shucks.
The remains of the 2 from the pintrest-inspired fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment