Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lamp

I've been inspired by this lamp

Actually, I was inspired by a large and very shiny brass lamp that Alex snagged from next to the dumpster at our last apartment. It has that same hammered texture, but it is 90's shiny brass. I'm trying to figure out if I should try to distress it and make it look a little weathered, or find a way to make it look silver.... I really like the silver look. I just need the courage to crack open a can of spray paint. I hear good things about Krylon Looking Glass, but it says it is for glass, not metal. 

What think ye?

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I love that lamp! Very Pottery Barn-esque. I've used Looking Glass before and it's SUPER watery, even on the glass vases I've used. I just spray painted a lamp the other day and didn't do anything to the lamp beforehand. I just went to Home Depot and they have a million spray paints for metal and I just went for it and it worked great! Good luck mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say go for the silver look. There's got to be some spray paint that's for metal. I've never tried painting metal, but I'm sure it'll turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say, try it, and if it doesn't work, it's a lamp you got out of a dumpster.

    ReplyDelete