This isn't a post full of venting today. I wanted to give you examples of things that I do purely for the love of whatever it is.
1. Gardening... I love getting dirty, growing things, and being outside. All for the love of gardening.
2. Running... a time when I don't answer emails, phone calls, kids questions, or have a whiny puppy. Enough said.
3. Actually owning a dog.... In theory they are cute and stress relieving. Right? Well in practice they wake you up at 7:30 am every day regardless of your morning plans, they eat your prized furniture, pee on the floor and make a mess any two year old would envy. But its so nice to come home to a puppy that bounces off the floor to lick your face because she's happy to see you. :)
4. Teaching... I can't imagine another motivation that would last for more than a week. Tops.
5. Build stuff... It is arguably more economical to just go buy it, or pay someone to build it. But then I don't feel so accomplished.
What do you do for the love?
No comments:
Post a Comment