Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Classroom Quotables

Kids say the darndest things sometimes.

"Mrs. P, I know what Asexual reproduction is, but whats B sexual reproduction?"

errr...

"Mrs. P, I have a pins and needles feeling on my arms all the time. My doctor doesn't know what it is. Do you?"

I'm flattered, but no.

To be continued...

** Edit**

Me: " What are humming birds good at?" Looking for an answer similar to reproduction, making more hummingbirds, etc.
1st Student: "Flying backwards!"
Another student: "So when a mommy and a daddy hummingbird reeeaaaally like each other..."
Most students: "...they fly backwards!"
(Thanks Cassy!)

Same class as above story, we had some good times:

Me: "What are flowers used for?"
Student: "Sexual reproduction"
Boy student: "So I shouldn't give girls flowers?"

In context, we were talking about pistils and stamen and flower parts and plant reproduction, so the above exchange was out of context, and silly and absolutely hilarious.

This is part of the reason that I love teaching.

:)

4 comments:

  1. Ya know, I always wondered what B sexual reproduction is too... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh any time. biology was the FUNNEST! class ever last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it is grand ol' times such as these that should KEEP you here!!

    ReplyDelete