Thursday, January 27, 2011

Calling in Sick

There has been a bug going around school the past couple weeks, and it looks like I didn't escape this time.

But, it has been nice to have some good quiet time at home with the loyal hound (when I'm not napping or in a feverish, shivery stupor), and actually see hubby in the morning. I've also missed scenes like this to enjoy with my breakfast.
The picture certainly doesn't do it justice, but the kitchen window above our table faces east, and we have a glorious view of sunrises, and the mountains from our "breakfast nook". It makes me wish I was a morning person all the time! Unfortunately, we also have a nice view of the back of a slightly dumpy apartment complex, and an incredibly dumpy parking lot behind the house. Enter cafe curtains.

I made these when we first moved in because I loved the light, the blue sky, and the mountains. I couldn't find decent cafe curtains for sale though. They were all very... 90's. They were long, sheer white panels on sale at Target that I chopped in half, folded, ironed, and glued in place to make pockets. With a nice tension rod they are perfect. They are even high enough that no one can see in!

I also wanted to show you these. I made these pillows this fall with the help of Nana, one of Hubby's Grandma's near us. I wanted some pillow covers, and I was feeling unusually crafty. So we made 5 pillow covers that day! Originally I wanted a green pattern, but instead I grabbed some canvas, and called it good.

Anyway, after months I finally put the button closure on the long pillow. I sewed on the buttons, and used satin ribbon for the loops. I've also been busy doing other little projects- I have nephews coming soon! (I'll show you later so its a surprise to the Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. Very crafty of you, Laura dear! So cute! Makes me feel the unusual urge to be crafty mormon house wife myself ( : haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the term crafty actually... I don't consider myself crafty. Its too stereotypical for me i think... But I do like to make things? Hmm.

    ReplyDelete