Even as an adult, this procrastination and aversion to tedious tasks presents itself. Last night for example, I had (have) a stack of grading to do before I write the final that my kids will take tomorrow. I have never been more productive on a weeknight! My laundry got done (towels and sheets even!), the bedroom was tidied, and there weren't even any dishes in the sink by the time I sat down last night!
Last fall when I was finishing up my art history class, I had an 8 page paper to write. Not only was my house clean, but my grading even got done! I was caught up on grading for 2 weeks! Two weeks people! That is absolutely unheard of!!
So the moral of the story is, if you want me do do something boring, give me something even MORE boring to do, and give me a due date. I will do absolutely everything else, before I get to the boring stuff. But it will all get done- mostly on time.
Man, I'm kinda jealous. I'm a master procrastinator too, only I don't find anything productive to do in order to put off doing the stuff I don't wanna do, I tend to fill my time doing completely the opposite, like laying on the floor listening to music, watching TV, etc. It's bad. I pulled so many all-nighters in high school...
ReplyDeleteomg i totally understand. my apartment is always the cleanest when i'm buried in work.
ReplyDelete