Monday, June 20, 2011

Espana: Day 3; Gaucin

We got up this morning, but were too late to get to a nearby church. So we watched a general conference talk, and decided to take a scenic drive to Ronda. The scenic part was that all along the two hour drive there were the most beautiful white cities! Apparently they were border towns between the Spanish and the Moors, but who cares! Look at them!

We stopped and got out in Gaucin. I of course said it with a strong french accent. After all, if I'm not speaking english, it must be french, non? So my dear hubby corrected me each time. "No, its Gau-theen". ok.

Driving through Gau-theen was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. The roads were barely wide enough for our little hyundai, and each lovely home was whitewashed with a lovely terra-cotta colored roof... it all looked very Grecian to me. But I've never been to Greece.












No comments:

Post a Comment