Happy Valentine's Day to you! Have you seen Google's video? It's a cute one. Go watch it. Alex and I had our Valentine's date already this weekend. Today he needed the car so that he could go shadow a doctor this evening and practice taking patient histories. So I took the evening off -to spend all by my lonesome- so he could drive.
Don't worry, we had a fun date this weekend. We went to a sushi place nearby (I had teriyaki and sampled the cooked rolls, don't worry) then came home and watched one of our favorite TV shows together. It may seem silly, but we rarely get to even sit on the couch together, so it was a relaxing and enjoyable evening.
But I do want to give a list of good songs that take me back. This one is romantic, most of them are fun reminders of high school or something silly like that. :)
#1 Song that takes me back: Michael Buble and Nelly Furtado: Quando, Quando, Quando
This one always makes me smile and want to hold my husband's hand. This is our wedding song. This is also the song that was on repeat in the background on our third date when we sat in the car and talked for hours. Then that rascal leaned over and stole a kiss! After eating J-Dawgs with pickles, onions and jalepenos. Risky move pal, risky.
#2 Tim McGraw: Something Like That
Oh man, an oldie but a goodie! This one reminds me of church dances with Mary, Carma, Amber and Kara. Or just high school. This is just a great song, that's all there is to it. And what an introduction to country music!!
#3 All American Rejects: Swing, Swing
This one is definitely silly, and a bit telling. This song reminds me very specifically of the summer between my junior and senior years in high school. A group of us lonely (single) friends went on a bike ride to the lake and we were singing this one on the way there. I happened to be the only girl in the group, but those guys were, and are still in some cases, some of my very best friends.
#4 Britney Spears: Oops, I did it again
Was there ever a time when red pleather body suits were cool? Yes. The answer is yes. Was it also cool to learn the dance and do that with my friends? Maybe only to us. But this song instantly transports me to that time. How could it not?
#5 Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody
It is difficult for me to admit that the first time I heard this song was at my 15th birthday party. How could I have been missing out for so long? Two friends, incidentally both named Paul, performed a talent show style lip sync/ not quite interpretive dance of this song at my party much to everyone's delight. I wish I had a recording of it that I could show to their wives and future children. What a fantastic song. And an even better music video!
I'm sure I'll come up with more songs to add to the list later, but this was a sufficient dose of nostalgia for me. And sufficient Britney for quite a while. Next time will HAVE to include N*SYNC. I'm sorry, they were part of my adolescence.
Ah Paul and Paul and Bohemian Rhapsody. That song makes me think of youth dances and everyone singing epically :)
ReplyDelete