Alright friends, its time. A little less than a year ago, I wrote a post wondering how everyone else was pregnant, and if I had missed the boat. Well I'm here to announce that after some thought and prayer, we've jumped on that boat and set sail.
This is an official announcement; We're expecting.
This is also an announcement that I'm 20 weeks pregnant, and we know the gender. It's a girl!!
And here she is:
Though the ultrasound says test, it was really me. A friend of ours is a sonographer, and she "slid us into her schedule" one night to skip insurance. Shhhhhhh.
And now for some FAQ's:
1. Morning sickness?
Not particularly. I felt a bit queasy for a few weeks, and was unable to take out the garbage (darn...) because the smell would make me heave a little, but no vomiting or weight loss to report.
2. Twins?
For sure no. Whew. I love my twin nephews. I also love that they are my nephews and belong to my brother and sister-in-law.
3. Due Date?
June 22nd.
4. Who guessed the gender correctly?
Me. Totally me! Hubby was sure it was a boy. We'll call it mother's intuition. But we could also call it a lucky guess.
5. Are you SOOOO excited????
Why yes! Thank you for asking!
6. Any cravings?
Not really. I just had a fondness for red meat for a while.
7. Are you feeling movement?
Lets just say that this little girl will be a gymnast, soccer player, or kung-fu master. Hubby has felt this jumping-bean quite a bit too. I felt her at 14 weeks the first time, then regularly starting at 16 weeks. Alex felt her move at 18 weeks.
8. Do you have any names picked out?
Yep, we have a list under discussion at the moment. The list does NOT include any of the following: Beryl, Elda, Marge, or Dorothy. No offense meant to anyone who has these names, or relatives with these names. Some of them are in our own family tree, and we have decided not to pass them on.
9. Do you have any nicknames in the meantime?
We have deemed her Sprout. I'm sure this will be indicative of her growth pattern.
Ok friends, this is where I'll end the post for now. If you don't care to read about Baby Chronicles from here on out, I promise I won't be offended. This stuff is probably only exciting for me, my husband, my mom, and maybe my mother-in-law. I promise it won't ALL be baby related, however feel free to tune out if you like.
That being said, do wish us luck; Because as first timers, there is a lot to learn and take in!
I hope 2012 is exciting for each of you as well!

So excited for you guys! She's so cute in her ultrasound. David hid his face with his arms so we didn't get a clear shot with him. Glad you're feeling well and I'd like to see a pregnancy picture of you.
ReplyDeleteHooray! I had heard that rumor, so glad to see that it's true! You will be a fantastic mother!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, congrats! I am so excited for you! :) lol, a little bit jealous, too. But really, this if soooo neat!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That is exciting! Can't wait to hear more about your growing family.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm so excited for you! :)
ReplyDeleteVery, very excited for you, deary!! Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteYAY! So delighted for you and Alex!
ReplyDeleteInclude me in the list of people SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED for you! I can't wait to read the baby chronicles. I even know why you had nausea for the first couple weeks (Progesterone! Just learned that in endocrinology) :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We just had our baby boy two weeks ago and it's the greatest thing in the world. So happy for you guys.
ReplyDeletequite excited for baby chronicles. just please no pictures of diaper disasters. PLEASE. also, please warn before any vivid imagery of childbirth or breastfeeding. <-- I am clearly ready to be a mother. excited to live it through you! xx
ReplyDeleteDon't worry Erika, I'm not into graphic pictures. Although I can't guarantee squeaky clean descriptions. I may overshare. We'll hope not though.
ReplyDeleteJanelle, I guess it wasn't as much of a secret as I thought! Not that I was keeping it a secret, I just hadn't broadcast info yet.
Thanks everyone for you support and encouragement! I miss you all!
Congratulations! That is so exciting!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! So happy for you! And looking forward to reading the baby chronicles :)
ReplyDeleteLaura! That's so great! Congratulations! We're going to have to get together pre-baby and celebrate! (Post baby is much harder to coordinate schedules...)
ReplyDeleteYay, Laura!!!! I am soooooo excited for you guys! And girls are so fun :)
ReplyDelete