Thursday, February 9, 2012

Losing my Marbles

There is a myth going around that pregnant women forget things easily. Or that they are just plain neurotic. I would like to offer my own evidence in this case.

Exhibit A: When preparing to brush my teeth, I grabbed deodorant instead of the toothpaste.

Exhibit B: While showering, I tried to lather up with face wash instead of body wash.

Exhibit C: Giving a tutoring student blatantly false information about a math question that I had been able to correctly solve last week.

Exhibit D: While teaching sunday school, I had so many lost trains of thought, and spacey moments that one gentleman in the class (with an excellent sense of humor) told me I could claim pregnancy-brain shrinkage.

Exhibit E: I had a fantastic argument with myself yesterday between my Rational mind and my new neurotic friend, Pregnancy-Brain. I couldn't get ahold of Alex for about an hour after I should have been able to (however, I should have been working, so he wasn't expecting me to call). Rational Brain was calmly trying to explain that he had probably stayed an extra hour in the anatomy lab, because he has a test coming up soon, and wasn't expecting me home anyway. Pregnancy-Brain was frantically telling me to check the traffic reports for an accident, search the nearest brothel, and call the two people that usually give him rides to see if he had been abducted by aliens. Or just go check the local morgue. Pregnancy-Brain also told me it was OK to call once every 5 minutes for a half hour straight. Rational Brain had been right all along of course, so when I got ahold of Alex (Finally!) he laughed at me a little bit and apologized.

I would like to leave the case open to your interpretation, and will add further details as the situation develops. Thank you honored members of the jury.

2 comments:

  1. don't know who i feel more sorry for- you for turning into a crazy, or alex for having to deal with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the insanity! It does get better but it never truly goes away in my experience.

    ReplyDelete